“HiGuests” GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Booking Terms & Conditions
Dubai Terms & Conditions
The “Operator”: Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC (License #765614)
Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC is operating a fully furnished and equipped apartment that it is to be delivered to the Tenant fully functional at the date of entry and maintained all through the stay period.
The Operator operates this unit abiding fully under the relevant regulations as defined by the Executive resolutions concerning the “Dubai Holiday Home Rental Regulations” issued by the department of Tourism & Commerce marketing.
These regulations describe in detail the Operator’s requirements in terms of operational environment of the unit, requirements in terms of furniture and equipment as well as service offered to Tenants.
1. Booking general conditions
100% of booking is due immediately. Property will be held for 72 hrs to allow Client to arrange payment. When no payment is received after 72 hrs, booking will be automatically cancelled & property released back into our system. Cancellation less than 30 days before arrival – No refund.
NOTE: these conditions may vary depending on the Channel you've booked, if you've booked with Homeaway, Airbnb, Booking.com, etc., please review the conditions directly in your booking confirmation and/or listing.
2. Payment methods
Bank Transfer (For Homeaway and Direct Bookings, details included on booking form or will be provided by our team)
Visa/Mastercard or Debit Card (subject to additional admin charge 3.5% where applicable, only for Direct Bookings).
Cash or Cheque (Only applicable for Direct Bookings)
3. Refund Policy
Refund will be issued via original mode of Payment & will be processed within 72 hrs (Credit Card, Paypal, Bank transfer, Cheque or cash).
4. Security Deposit
A refundable security deposit - pre-authorization on your credit card on day of arrival of AED 3,000 (subject to period of stay up to 10 days) AED 5,000 Security Deposit is chargeable on stays of more than 11 days) The Operator reserves the right to deduct any damages or losses from the security deposit on departure.
5. No Show
After 24 hours of estimated arrival - No refund
6. Amendments to Booking
If your travel plans change & you must amend your booking, please do so at the earliest possible time. If you must change your travel dates Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC will do the utmost to facilitate the date change, but Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC cannot confirm amendment conditions will be fulfilled . If date changes cannot be made for your chosen property, Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC may offer a suitable alternative accommodation. Any amendments to the original confirmed booking may incur an Administration fee. No refunds will be given for travel plans change or amendments.
7. Dubai Tourism Tax (DTCM)
An amount per night will be charged upon check-in for up to a maximum of 30 consecutive nights. These charges are based on unit size/classification as per DTCM.
8. VAT Tax
Effective from 1st January 2018, a compulsory 5% VAT charge will be added to all Tenancy contracts.
9. Accommodation Terms & Conditions
- Check-in time from 15.00hrs, Check out time until 11.00hrs. Late/early check in/out on request. Additional fee may apply.
- Guests have only 24h to raise any complaint about the status of the apartment that will be amended by Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC. After these 24h, Hi Guests Holiday Homes is not liable to any wear and tear in the apartment.
- Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC will not accept Bookings for large same sex guests, unless they have express written permission from Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC.
- Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC do not accept bookings for Wedding receptions, parties or similar events.
- Number of occupancy will be restricted as per the unit conditions, any extra person will be charged separately.
- Guests must supply Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC with copies of all passports prior to arrival.
- Guests are required to comply with the Laws of the United Arab Emirates & to respect customs & culture while staying the UAE. Guests must comply with regulations of residential areas.
- Guests are liable for any damages they may cause to the property, furniture, fixtures & Equipment. Guests are liable for any loss or damage to Keys/beach as per the Client Key Handover form. The Operator reserves the right to deduct any damages or losses from the security deposit on departure.
- Guests are required to treat all Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC staff in a civil & considerate manner.
- Hi Guests Vacation Homes Rental LLC & its Owners of properties & there representatives, employees, agents & assignees do not accept any liability for the following: Death, personal injury, loss to persons or personal effects, however caused an in particular resulting from the use of swimming pools & property facilities.
11. General Terms and Conditions
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED.
- Multiple bookings/transactions may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
Host Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“Host Terms”) apply to your registration as a “Host” with HiGuests and to any and all services which we supply to you, as a HiGuests registered customer (“Customer”). Your registration with HiGuests is conditional on your agreement to these Host Terms in full.
2. In these Host Terms, Customers who are acting in their capacity as hosts (who are allowing their property to be occupied by Guests) will be referred to as “Hosts” and individuals who are acting as guests at such property will be referred to as “Guests”. For the avoidance of doubt these Host Terms shall not apply to the Hosts who will be subject to the Hands-Off Terms (and who are defined therein) and/or the other agreements relating to full time Airbnb management of a listing.
3. We provide services to you, the Host, in order to ensure that the property you make available for occupancy by Guests (“Property”) is “guest ready”. Our Guest-Ready Services (as defined below) are provided to you in order to complement your booking made with an Approved Booking Supplier (as defined below in clause 3.2) (“Booking”) for the occupation of the Property by a Guest.
4. We may amend these Host Terms at any time by posting the amended terms on the website higuests.com (“Site”). All amended terms will automatically take effect immediately on posting. Please check these Host Terms periodically to inform yourself of any changes. In continuing to use the Site and/or our Guest-Ready Services you confirm that you accept the then current Host Terms in full at the time you use the Site and/or our Guest-Ready Services.
2. GUEST-READY SERVICES
Subject to the receipt of a valid Service Request (defined below) we agree to provide any or all of the following services to you as requested by you, the Host, with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with these Host Terms (“Guest-Ready Services”):
2.1.1 Cleaning Services (as set out in Appendix A).
2.1.2 Laundry Services (as set out in Appendix B).
2.1.4 Check-in Services (as set out in Appendix C).
2.2 A request for the receipt of any of the above Guest-Ready Services can be made by you on the Site or by contacting us on +971 55 694 3768 or by email at our HiGuests email addresses (“Service Request”).
2.3 A Service Request shall be submitted by a Host at least 48 hours in advance of the intended time of service failing which extra charges shall apply as specified in Appendix E.
2.4 We shall endeavor to respond to your Service Request(s) within 24 hours of receipt of the same.
2.5 We are entitled to appoint sub-contractors to provide any and all of the Guest-Ready Services to you (“Third Party Suppliers”) and the terms and conditions of such third party services shall apply to the relevant services in addition to these Host Terms.
3. HOST OBLIGATIONS
3.1 In order to allow us to provide the Guest-Ready Services set out in these Host Terms you agree that you will:
3.1.1 provide us with complete, accurate and timely information about the Property, the Guest and other information reasonably requested by us or which you consider relevant for provision of the relevant Guest-Ready Services, at all times; and the delivery to us of (a copy of) the keys to the Property;
3.1.2 liaise and cooperate fully with us in the provision of the Guest-Ready Services
3.1.3 respond to any requests which may be made by us;
3.1.4 comply with the provisions of Appendices A – D to these Host Terms;
3.1.5 pay our fees and costs as per paragraph 4 below; and
3.1.6 not, at any time during or following the provision of the Guest-Ready Services, directly or indirectly solicit or entice away (or attempt to solicit or entice away) any employees or contractors of HiGuests, including our cleaners, from our employment or engagement.
3.2 By agreeing to these Host Terms you warrant that you are a registered Host with a booking services supplier which is either Airbnb or another supplier approved by us in writing (“Approved Booking Supplier”) and have a confirmed Booking.
3.3 You understand and agree that HiGuests does not act as an insurer and that you shall obtain the appropriate insurance for the Property and its contents.
3.4 You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses including (without limitation) reasonable legal fees, arising out of, or in connection with, any breach by you of these Host Terms or the terms of any agreement you may have in place with the Approved Booking Supplier from time to time.
4. CHARGES AND PAYMENT
1.1 Details of our current charges for our Guest-Ready Services (“Charges”) are set out in Appendix E or as otherwise agreed with you.
4.1 We will render invoices to you in respect of each Service Request (and the related Guest-Ready Services) and such invoices may include services provided by Third Party Suppliers. The Charges shall be payable immediately upon receipt of the invoice and in any event prior to the relevant Guest Ready Service, in to the bank details specified therein. We reserve the right to cancel a Guest Ready Service if we do not receive payment prior to commencement of that service.
4.2 When you make a Booking you may also agree with the Approved Booking Supplier that they supply certain guest services to you and/or your Guest(s) (“Guest Services”). The provision of Guest Services shall be governed by the Approved Booking Supplier’s terms and conditions and any fees payable for such services shall be included in the accommodation fees quoted by the Approved Booking Supplier.
4.3 For the avoidance of doubt you will not be entitled to withhold by way of set-off, deduction or counterclaim any amounts which you owe to the Approved Booking Supplier against any amounts that you owe to us or vice versa.
4.4 The cancellation or termination of a Booking by you or the Approved Booking Supplier shall in no way release you from your obligation to pay our Charges in respect of our Guest-Ready Services in accordance with these Host Terms.
5. TERMINATION / CANCELLATION
5.1 If your HiGuests account is terminated for any reason in accordance with the Website Terms, the agreement between you and us set out in these Host Terms shall immediately terminate.
5.2 Upon termination of your HiGuests account we will cease to provide our Guest-Ready Services to you with immediate effect.
5.3 The Charges for our Guest-Ready Services provided up until the date of termination shall become payable immediately following termination and receipt of our final invoice.
5.4 You agree to pay interest on any amount payable under these Host Terms and not paid on the due date, for the period from the due date to the date of payment at a rate equal to 4% above the Bank of England base rate from time to time.
5.5 You may withdraw a Service Request and cancel the relevant Guest-Ready Services up to 24 hours before commencement of such services (“Cancelled Services”). Any Charges already paid in respect of Cancelled Services shall be refunded to you. For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not refund any charges already paid in respect of any Guest-Ready Services that are cancelled less than 24 hours before they are due to commence but such charges shall be credited towards your account for the next Guest Ready Services that you request.
6.1 You agree that our liability in respect of any loss under these Host Terms will be limited in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein.
6.2 We do not have the authority to form a binding agreement between you and a Guest for the occupation of the Property. You will contract directly with a Guest and we will not be liable in respect of any matter arising which relates to a Booking between you, as Host, and a Guest. Nor will we be liable in respect of any matter arising between you, as Host, a Guest and/or an Approved Booking Supplier.
6.3 We will not be liable for the provision of services by third parties (including Third Party Suppliers) nor will we be liable if any Guest-Ready Services requested by you are unavailable.
6.4 We will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these Host Terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control such as shortages, unavailability, overbooking, severe weather, power or other utility cut-off, burglary, natural disaster, strikes, governmental action, terrorism, war, civil unrest or other similar occurrences.
6.5 In no event shall we be liable for exemplary, incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages or for any business, financial or economic loss such as lost reputation, lost bargain, lost profit, loss of anticipated savings or lost opportunity arising out of or resulting from these Host Terms (even if we have been advised of the possibility thereof) and whether such loss arises as a result of negligence, breach of contract, tort or otherwise by us or any agent, employee or third party providing services on our behalf (including a Third Party Supplier) except to the extent the foregoing limitation is prohibited by applicable law.
6.6 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, subject to any exceptions set forth in applicable law, our liability for all losses, damages, and other liabilities relating to or arising out of these Host Terms and the Guest-Ready Services provided hereunder (including, without limitation, with respect to property damage, damage to valuable or fragile items at the Property, personal injury, death and any items included in the Welcome Pack as set out in Appendix C) will be limited to the cost of obtaining replacement services or the amount of the Charges payable by you for our Guest-Ready Services within the 12 (twelve) months up to the date on which the liability is calculated, whichever is the higher amount.
6.7 You agree that by giving keys to your Property to HiGuests, you are allowing access to each of HiGuests’s employees, contractors and agents access to your Property.
7.1 Each of the parties hereto warrants that it has the power to enter into the agreement set out in these Host Terms and has obtained all necessary approvals to do so.
7.2 The relationship between you and us is that of an independent contractor. We shall not be, actas, purport to act as, or be deemed to be, the agent, employee or partner of you as to any matter. No partnership, joint venture, association, alliance, or other fiduciary, employee/employer, principal/agent or other relationship other than that of independent contractor shall be created by these Host Terms, express or implied.
7.4 The parties agree that these Host Terms are fair and reasonable. However, if any provision of these Host Terms is held not to be valid by a court of competent jurisdiction but would be valid if part of the wording was deleted, then such provision shall apply with such deletions as may be necessary to make it valid and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect and these Host Terms shall be enforced in such manner as carries out as closely as possible the intent of the parties hereto.
7.5 No failure or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy provided by law or under these Host Terms and no single or partial exercise of any such right or remedy shall impair the right or remedy, or operate as a waiver or variation of it, or preclude its exercise at any subsequent time.
7.6 These Host Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the UAE. You agree, as we do, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UAE courts.
Part A – Pre-Booking Cleaning Services
The Host shall make sure the apartment is Guest ready, with HiGuests’ fresh linen in each bed and towels in each bathroom.
Subject to Part C below, the Host shall:
1. Remove all rubbish, plates and cutlery from every room used at the Property (if applicable).
2. Spray clean all visible surfaces at the Property.
3. Clean the bathroom, sink, toilet etc. and place HiGuests towels pack
4. Make up the beds with HiGuests fresh linen pack
5. Vacuum the carpets and mop the floors in the main rooms at the Property.
8. Carry out a final visual check to ensure that the Property is ready for the Guest(s).
Included in the linen and towel pack, HiGuests will provide (Appendix B)
1 clean / ironed sheet per bed
1 duvet cover per bed
Appropriate number of pillow cases
1 bath towels per Guest
1 hand towel per bathroom
1 tea towel for the kitchen.
Where HiGuests has been informed that the Property is not ready to accommodate any Guest, HiGuests shall carry out a Pre-Booking Cleaning (as described in Part C below) which shall not include re-stocking of the essentials or the Excluded Items defined below in Part C. Additional charges may apply as per price chart in…
Part B – Post Check-out Cleaning Services
Subject to Part C below, HiGuests shall:
1. Remove all rubbish, plates and cutlery from every room used by the previous Guest(s) at the Property (if applicable).
2. Spray clean all visible surfaces at the Property.
3. Clean the bathroom, sink, toilet etc.
4. Make up the beds being used by the Guest(s) at the Property.
5. Vacuum the carpets and mop the floors in the main rooms at the Property.
6. Check whether all electrical equipment and appliances (including light bulbs and TV remote controls) at the Property are working.
7. Carry out a final visual check to ensure that the Property is ready for the Guest(s).
The Host shall:
1. Provide HiGuests with a vacuum cleaner, toilet brush, mop and bucket.
2. Provide 1 clean / ironed sheet per bed
3. Provide 1 duvet cover per bed
4. Provide clean set of towels (bath and hand)
5. Inform HiGuests if there are any items which are particularly fragile and mark them as such.
6. Lock away any expensive, irreplaceable and/or fragile items.
Part C – Excluded Items
HiGuests shall not undertake the following activities:
– Window Washing
– Washing Walls
– Furniture Treatment
– Carpet Treatment or Deep Cleaning
– Cleaning of exterior windows
– Animal waste removal
– Gardening & garden shed cleaning
– Garden and/or Patio cleaning
– Mould and/or bio-hazardous substance removal
– Industrial cleaning
– The lifting of heavy furniture
– Cleaning surfaces above arms reach
– Cleaning of heavily soiled areas
– Extermination (insects etc.)
– Yard work or garage cleaning
– Oven cleaning
– Cleaning of items that appear to be broken or are likely to break during cleaning
HiGuests shall provide the following items for each Booking:
1. 1 clean / ironed sheet per bed
2. 1 duvet cover per bed
3. Appropriate number of pillow cases
4. 1 bath towels per Guest
5. 1 hand towel per bathroom
6. 1 bath mat per bathroom
7. 1-2 tea towel
For the avoidance of doubt, the above items will only be provided once, at the start of the Booking. If the Host wants any of the items to be changed then it will need to request and book another linen service.
The Host shall provide the following basic items as appropriate:
1. Mattresses (and mattress topers)
If the Host requires any of the above three basic items, it must notify HiGuests at least 48 hours in advance of the Booking and they will be provided at an additional cost. Host shall return all linen rental items as soon as possible at the end of a Booking. If the Booking is for longer than 15 days, we reserve the right to call back the linen and the Host is required to return the linen upon such call back.
If any linen rental item is missing at the end of the Booking, we reserve the right to charge the full replacement value of that item. A Host may not wash and reuse the linen items.
1. Receive the Guest at the Property at the time appointed by the Host.
2. Give the Guest a tour of the Property.
3. Hand over the keys to the Property to the Guest.
In order for HiGuests to perform the Check-in Services, the Host shall:
1. Provide a check-in time to HiGuests at least 48 hours in advance.
2. Update HiGuests as soon as possible if there are any changes to the check-in time.
HiGuests shall provide the Check-in Services only between 8 am and 10 pm. For check-in at other times, additional charges shall apply and check-in shall be at the discretion of HiGuests. If the Guest is late, HiGuests is only obliged to wait for 120 minutes after the original check-in time. HiGuests may wait for longer at their discretion but extra charges may apply for this.